To pull off a consistent look in your home, you’ll need a color scheme that matches your design style. You’ve probably heard that colors affect your mood and emotions, so you’ll want to pick colors that not only inspire, but represent the overall feel you’re trying to achieve. Learning more about colors and exploring your many options will help you choose the right colors for your home.
• Orange – This cheerful hue helps you feel vibrant, boosts self-confidence and inspires celebration.
• Blue – Dark blue tones purify thinking and surround you with strength. Light blue colors including, sky blue and aqua give a sense of harmony, peace and inspire trust.
• Green – All shades of green represent wealth, growth, new beginnings and are healing.
• Lavender – The light shade of lavender provides a fresh perspective and enhances compassion. It is also serene and calming.
• Red – Red tones increase self-confidence and strength. Too much red can create a feeling of anxiety. Small doses of red, such as accessories placed throughout the room or an accent wall, are best.
• Yellow – This bright and delightful color enhances intelligence and improves mental agility.
• Pink – Pink tones are soothing and comforting. While it is a popular color for girl’s bedrooms, more muted shades also serve as a great choice in other rooms in the house.
You most-likely have a color in mind that you would like to use in your home or in a specific room. One problem many homeowners have is incorporating the color into their already existing décor. There are a few tips to follow that will guide you on your way to using color in your home.
Tip 1 – Accents and Accessories – Choose accent pieces of your selected color, like vases, figurines, pictures, pillows, throw blankets and more.
Tip 2 – Neutral Touches – Neutral colors, like white, black and beige are the last thing anyone thinks of when adding color to a room. However, having key items that are neutral-colored in a room, like a book shelf or coffee table, will make your colorful accents stand out more and bring balance.
Tip 3 – Let Patterns Guide You – If your furniture has a pattern, use the colors in the furniture as a guide for accents. For example if you have a beige, brown and blue pattern, choose one of those colors as an accent. Place small objects around the room, like pillows and a throw blanket, to bring the color of your choice to life.
Remember you can always build or mix colors that complement each other. Explore all of your color options until you find the perfect one for you and be sure to choose the colors that will represent the mood you want your home to portray.
Ring in the New Year and begin 2016 with a clean, safe home! This is the perfect time of year to prepare for a fresh start by completing home projects and preparing your home for a fresh new start. The following checklist will help you and inspire you to get things done. Get…
Marble is often associated with elegance, and a style that is old world or very classic in feel. However, even an extremely modern home can be complemented with marble, if you understand how to use it correctly. Here are some tips for creating a contemporary look in your home using marble.