One of the most exciting parts about being a homeowner is being able to make the space your own with custom design touches. Creating a new design that is functional as well as beneficial to the overall structure takes careful planning.
You will want to hire an architect when you are making serious changes and alterations to the indoor floor plan or making structural changes to the exterior of your home. An architect is highly educated in engineering, design theory, project management, building design and ergonomics. They are known to transform homes into the unique vision homeowners have planned.
Finding the right architect for your project is easy when following a few guidelines.
• Seek Out References – Chances are your neighbors, co-workers, friends or family members have done renovations to their homes and can recommend an excellent architect. Contact the architect directly to see if they have expertise in the type of project you have in mind for your home. If not, ask if they can refer you to an architect that is qualified for the job. You can also use the American Institute of Architects as a reference for finding the perfect professional for your project.
• Search Online – Search local architects in your area using online search engines. Use specific words like “architects for kitchen remodels” or, “architects for bathroom tile remodels.” The more specific you are with your search, the better. Once you find architects located in your area, research their website for more details, background, experience, previous projects, references and more.
• Conduct an Interview – Once you have a few architects in mind for the project. Call them for an interview or meet in person. You will want to ask questions that will let you learn more about the architect and their ability to produce high quality work. This is also a good time to ask for samples of their work.
You should have questions lined up for the architects to see if they’re right for your project. Here are some examples of what you may want to ask:
• “How will you approach this project?”
• “Do you see any issues that may arise during the project?”
• “How much are your fees?”
• “How long will the project take to be completed?”
After interviewing the potential architects for your project. Sit down and review their answers to see which one offers the best quality work at affordable prices. You will also want to consider the demeanor and personality of the architect. Are they easy to talk to? Do they understand your vision clearly? These are all things to consider when hiring the right architect for your project. You will be having a variety of discussions regarding your project. Topics will include needed improvements, design challenges and changes, blending the remodel with the rest of the house, creative solutions, unforeseen problems once construction has started, style suggestions, contractors, timing, pricing and more.
Once you decide on the professional that is best suited for your project, contact the architect directly to begin your journey of renovating your home.
Designing a family room in your home that is good for the entire family can be a challenge. Whether your family consists only of adults, or if you also have small children, teenagers, or even pets, here are some tips that will keep the family room fun, functional, and ready for everyone to…
White is a classic color that should never be confused with a boring one. This color is so popular in homes right now that people are matching their white walls with white home décor. White on white continues to dominate in trends for home design due to its clean and minimalistic approach. This…